Because I believe that the right fit between a client and therapist is essential to the success of any treatment, I will waive the fee for our first thirty minutes together - a "get acquainted" period - if either of us decides that we will NOT be a good match for you and your therapy needs. If you decide to proceed with a full session, I will charge my customary fee. The following rates are for cash/check payments. A small handling fee will be added to any credit/debit payments.
Rates as of May 1, 2018:
Individual, Couple, Family Sessions:
$150 per 50 minutes
Longer sessions are available.
All rates are listed on the Fee Schedule, on the Helpful Forms page.
My reduced fee spots are currently full. If you would like to get on my "reduced fee wait list" please inquire.
I am considered an out-of-network provider by most insurance companies. This means that the majority of clients who have insurance are eligible to be reimbursed a significant portion of my fee.
Many of my clients prefer to work with a therapist outside of their insurance plan for a variety of reasons, such as:
- You enjoy a much greater degree of privacy and confidentiality, as I am not required to share a great deal of your personal information and history with the insurance companies.
- We are not limited to only a certain number of sessions or certain treatment protocols that are determined by the insurance companies in order to tightly control their costs.
- Because you are working directly and privately with me, we can decide together on the methods we will use and the length of time we will work together, rather than having these decisions made by a third party.
To determine if you will be reimbursed for my services by your insurance, the first thing you should do is call them. Check your coverage carefully and make sure you understand their answers. Determining if you will be reimbursed is your responsibility, prior to beginning treatment.
Here are some questions to ask your insurance company:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- How much does my plan reimburse for an out-of-network provider? (What percentage of the fee will I be reimbursed?)
- Is approval required from my primary care physician? Is pre-authorization required?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? Is there a limit to the amount of time allowed per session?
- Is couples or family counseling covered, or only individual therapy?
- Are there any restrictions regarding the type of therapy or the practitioner's credentials?
- Are there any other restrictions I should know about, or any other questions I should be asking?
Upon request, I will provide a receipt for you to easily submit to your insurance company.
Cash, check, debit and all major credit cards accepted for payment in my office, and via PayPal through a link on the "Make a Payment" page of this website. Rates listed on this page and on the Fee Schedule are for cash/check payments. Payment via credit or debit card requires the addition of a small handling fee onto your session total.
If you do not attend your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.